As a traditional Austrian family-run hotel your Eichingerbauer host family in Mondsee does not only look back on the traditional way but also looks into the future. The hotel team always acts in a considered and sustainable way and focuses on society's needs.
Sustainable responsibility also shows in the Eichingerbauer Country Hotel's kitchen and also in the way the team, the guests and the environment is treated.
It goes without saying that at the Eichingerbauer Country Hotel's kitchen we only use regional and seasonal products from the Salzkammergut farmers. Only fresh groceries, if possible from the close vicinity, find their way into our cunningly and innovatively prepared meals that you are served in the Landhausstube parlour at the Eichingerbauer Country Hotel.
Sustainable resource economising
- Your host family in Mondsee focuses on an efficient usage of energy and water.
- Just as important is the reduction of the amount of rubbish; that is why at your country hotel we are recycling and focusing on keeping the environmental pollution as low as possible.
- The Eichingerbauer family is actively committed to environmental protection. On guests' request the towels are used more than one day.
- The resources and products come, as far as possible, only from regional suppliers. The venison specialties come from our own controlled hunting on the Schafberg. The river trouts are caught with our own fishing rod.
- The eco-friendly wood chip heating system at the Eichingerbauer Hotel runs on wood from our own forest.
- The hosts Norbert & Sabine kindly remind their guests that it is quite easy and convenient to get to Mondsee by public transport; the “Eichinger” bus stop is only 100m away from the hotel.
The Eichingerbauer Country Hotel not only accepts the economical and environmental responsibility, but acts also socially responsible – the small, human to human, as well as in the bigger picture.
- Engagement for the society's concerns
- Integration in the region and cooperativeness
- Consideration of the sustainability concept with all decisions
- In dialogue with various lobbies (politics, neighbours, competitors, suppliers, authorities)
- Funding for regional culture and passing on traditions and customs to the next generation
- The Eichingerbauer family-run hotel: timber trade, deer breeding and bus travels.
Additionally to the country hotel the Sperr and Lehrl families also run a roundwood trade, their own deer breeding and also offer bus travels.
Convince yourself of the sustainable management's positive effect on the atmosphere at the hotel. Send your no obligation holiday enquiry to your 4-star-superior Eichingerbauer Country Hotel in Mondsee in Salzkammergut. We are looking forward to soon welcoming you in Mondsee.